Monday, February 21, 2011

Back From Alaska




We're back from our little foray into the frozen North, but I want to share a few photos before I get back to my regular Coronado shots tomorrow.

The first photo posted is of Sleeping Lady (Mt. Susitna), taken from my friend's house on the outskirts of Anchorage overlooking the Cook Inlet.  For more information on the Alaska Native legend of Sleeping Lady, click here - then click "hear Ann read..." to listen to part of this old native story read by Ann Dixon, and told for children of all ages.

The second was taken at Hilltop Ski Area, a convenient ski slope located in Anchorage.  This is a great little hill for your average skier.  It's taller than it looks!

The third photo is of an ice sculpture at Anchorage Town Square's Gallery of Ice.  There were a number of glorious carved ice sculptures next to a skating rink, but this gives you an idea of what it looked like.  Plus it was darn cold when I took the photo just after sunset, so I hopped into the warm car as soon as I snapped this picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment