Friday, March 11, 2011

I'm in Honolulu, Hawaii


Aloha! I'm in Honolulu, staying on Waikiki Beach.  Diamond Head probably gave it away for those of you who've been here before.

I saw these bikes in front of the Hilton Hawaiian Village and fell in love with the pink scooter.  How cool is that?  Can you just imagine zipping around the island on this baby?

Hope you are having a great week!

P.S.  It is now 2:00 AM, and we're under tsunami warning here in Honolulu at the moment... yikes, suddenly an ocean view room on the beach doesn't seem so great!  We're on the fifth floor, and from our balcony I'm watching the lights of oodles of boats heading out to sea for safety.  I'll keep you updated as long as we have electricity.

This is not the vacation excitement I'd hoped for!

P.P.S.  They sounded the All's Clear here in Honolulu, so we're okay.  We're just sleepy from spending the night on our balcony staring at the ocean, waiting for "something" to happen.  We saw some slightly big waves, but nothing remarkable.

Now we're keeping the country of Japan in our prayers. 

My husband has been working in Japan for the past week, and was scheduled to fly to Hawaii when the earthquake hit.  He spent the night on the Narita airport floor, but he's safe, and that's all that matters.  Hopefully he'll get to Hawaii tomorrow morning.

The past 12 hours have been pretty wild - we're going out to swim in the ocean now and count our blessings. 

4 comments:

  1. Oh wow! I am watching the news. . . you sure are getting some excitement! Be careful and have a wonderful time! Thank you for the bike picture! I love bikes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been following the news from Japan all day. I hope you will be OK on Hawaii.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was wondering if you had made it home. Wishing you both a safe return..such tragic event. Was watching it as it happened late at night. Hard to believe what I was watching. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. These great forces of nature make me feel small and helpless. I'm glad for your and your husband's safety.

    ReplyDelete